It is well said, Knowledge belongs to the mankind. Why to spend hundred of dollars on tools if you are a security researchers in open source space. If you are web pentester then you are on the right post. As a web pentester we need proxy to intercept the web requests. Today we will walk through a software which is an Open Source Alternative to Commercial Burp Suite Pro, called Hetty.
- We will be demonstrating this tool on Windows 7, 32 bit. You can download from here
- After downloading unzip the file and run hetty.exe in command prompt as shown below.
hetty.exe –cert cacert.cer
- This will start web server on localhost port 8080.
- Open it in browser to get the panel access.
- Now time to import CA certificate generated in above command prompt in your browser.
- After importing CA cert, configure proxy on your browser.
- After configuring you are ready to go, it will start intercepting HTTP(s) requests
- You can also send request using this hetty.
So we saw the alternative to burp suite pro and it is very easy to use. As this is under development and more features will added to it.
Cyber Security Specialist with 18+ years of industry experience . Worked on the projects with AT&T, Citrix, Google, Conexant, IPolicy Networks (Tech Mahindra) and HFCL. Constantly keeping world update on the happening in Cyber Security Area.