Making strategic decisions is a huge part of business operations. With web scraping, businesses now have more data in hand to make those decisions. A popular form of web scraping is Google scraping, or Google SERP scraping, to be more specific.
Proxyway has a detailed guide on How to Scrape Google Search Results. In this guide, we will discuss what Google Scraping means, what data you can extract from Google search results pages and what are the benefits of Google Scraping. Continue reading till the end to learn interesting facts about scraping search results pages.
What Is Google Scraping and How Does It Work?
You might already know what web scraping means. It refers to gathering publicly available data from platforms. But as manual data collection can be hectic and time-consuming, people use scraping tools to collect data from websites.
In Google scraping, the data is collected from the Google search results pages. Whenever you search for something on Google, it shows the results on multiple pages. These are known as SERP or Search Engine Results Pages. From organic to paid search results, Google SERP is one of the most important places for businesses to gather various types of information.
What Data Can You Scrape from Google SERP?
Google search result pages are like data mines for businesses. You can collect a myriad of information from these pages, including the following.
Organic Ranking Data
Whenever someone searches for something on Google, it shows a list of organically ranked websites on the SERP. From that page, businesses can collect data about the ranks of their competitors.
To make searching easier for users, Google SERP shows related searches. These are the queries that people use besides the target query. Knowing the related searches can help businesses make better strategies to organically rank on the SERP.
Frequently Asked Questions
Another important data on the SERP is the related questions people ask. Search results come with questions that are relevant to the current topic and can be valuable information for businesses wanting to extend their deliverables.
Price monitoring is a crucial part of business operations. With Google scraping, businesses can easily monitor the product prices of their competitors. It gives them an edge in setting up the price range for various products.
Product or Service Reviews
Besides product or service price monitoring, collecting data about product or service reviews is also important. Google scraping lets businesses collect publicly available reviews to analyze the market emotion.
Benefits of Google Scraping
Scraping Google SERP can be your business’s navigator if you can use this correctly. Here are some of the benefits of Google scraping.
· Collecting contact information, such as email or phone, from the Google SERP is much easier. Businesses can use this data for marketing campaigns to bring their products or services better exposure.
· Google scraping provides highly accurate and faster results for success. As these data get continuously updated, you can expect to scrape the correct data you need for the business.
· Monitoring your competitors become more convenient with Google scraping. You can easily monitor ads, products, prices, and other parameters of your competitors’ products or services and bring the necessary changes to make your products stand out.
· Collecting product images is another important benefit of Google scraping. Be it for a campaign or other purposes, you can download numerous product images in a short period using scraping tools.
· Google scraping is crucial for improving your strategies when it comes to SEO. Exploring the most relevant keywords to the business is important for ranking higher on search results. Businesses can collect the ranking data of their own and their competitors through Google scraping. And they can also scrape the keywords that are responsible for their competitors’ success.
· Google SERP also shows paid ads from various marketing campaigns. But not all ads are ranked higher on search results. Using the right keyword with a high search volume is the key to success here. And those keywords can be easily found through Google scraping.
· Conducting market research becomes easier with Google SERP scraping. Instead of going to different websites for research, Google SERP results can be the easiest way to conduct research. As you get everything in one place, research becomes faster and more effortless.
Web scraping lets businesses collect the desired data in the shortest possible time and use that data to analyze multiple factors. As Google is the most popular search engine on the face of the earth, scraping data from its search results can be more fruitful for businesses.
Working as a cyber security solutions architect, Alisa focuses on application and network security. Before joining us she held a cyber security researcher positions within a variety of cyber security start-ups. She also experience in different industry domains like finance, healthcare and consumer products.