Now we can limit the bandwidth (uploading/Downloading) of any device connected on LAN (Local Area Network). Using this we can target any device on network to control the speed/block the devices and for this we doesn’t need any administrator access. Earlier researcher of International Institute of Cyber Security demonstrated on how network administrator can scan whole LAN with one command.
- OS: Kali Linux 2020 64 bit
- Kernel-Version: 5.6.0
- Use this command to clone the project.
- git clone https://github.com/bitbrute/evillimiter
root@kali:/home/iicybersecurity# git clone https://github.com/bitbrute/evillimiter Cloning into 'evillimiter'... remote: Enumerating objects: 102, done. remote: Counting objects: 100% (102/102), done. remote: Compressing objects: 100% (72/72), done. remote: Total 256 (delta 61), reused 65 (delta 30), pack-reused 154 Receiving objects: 100% (256/256), 69.49 KiB | 217.00 KiB/s, done. Resolving deltas: 100% (145/145), done.
- Use the cd command to enter into evillimiter directory
root@kali:/home/iicybersecurity# cd evillimiter/ root@kali:/home/iicybersecurity/evillimiter#
- Next, use this command sudo python3 setup.py install to install the dependencies.
root@kali:/home/iicybersecurity/evillimiter# sudo python3 setup.py install running install running bdist_egg running egg_info creating evillimiter.egg-info writing evillimiter.egg-info/PKG-INFO writing dependency_links to evillimiter.egg-info/dependency_links.txt writing entry points to evillimiter.egg-info/entry_points.txt writing requirements to evillimiter.egg-info/requires.txt writing top-level names to evillimiter.egg-info/top_level.txt writing manifest file 'evillimiter.egg-info/SOURCES.txt' =======================================================================================================SNIP========================================================================================================================== Using /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages Searching for colorama==0.4.3 Best match: colorama 0.4.3 Adding colorama 0.4.3 to easy-install.pth file Using /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages Finished processing dependencies for evillimiter==1.5.0
- Next, use this command to find help option the tool, evillimiter -h
- Now, use this command to control the traffic evillimiter -f
- Now, type help to find the flush options.
- Now, type option “scan”. This will scan the whole network and displays the number of devices that connect to our network.
(Main) >>> scan 100% |██████████████████████████████| 256/256 OK 5 hosts discovered.
Next, Type hosts to view the device IP and MAC address.
- Type block option block a device IP in our LAN
- Type free option to Unblock the device’s IP
- Type add option to add an host in the network.
- Type Analyze option to check to download and uploading speed for a particular device.
As we saw on how we can control the devices on network. This tool is good option for network Administrators.
RSU is security enthusiast who has been constantly keeping world update about the new happening in Cyber Security Area. He is passionate in Cyber Security and wanted excel in this area with his hard work and dedication.