Updates were issued as KB4346783 and KB4343893
Less than a month ago, Microsoft released its update patches for August. Today, the company has launched another set of cumulative Windows 10 updates that contain fixes for problems that were presented with previous update patches.
Ethical hacking specialists mention that the company is launching these patches with improvements and fixes not related to the system security. Systems running Windows 10 April 2018 (version 1803) and Windows 10 Fall creators Update (version 1709) versions will be receiving the new patches with general bug fixes.
According to the changelog, the update fixes a variety of problems in Windows 10. To install the latest patch on your system, open Settings and navigate to Update and security-> Windows update and select Search for updates. If you prefer, you can download and install updates manually.
Update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update
If you are currently using Windows 10 April 2018 Update, you will need to install the KB4346783 patch. This patch advances the Windows Update PC from April 10, 2018 to compilation 17134.254 and you can download them through Windows Update or Microsoft Update Catalog. Among the problems that these updates patch addresses are:
- Solution to a problem in Microsoft Foundation Class applications that can cause applications to flash.
- Solution to a problem where touch and mouse events were handled differently in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications that have a transparent overlay window.
- Solution to a problem that causes the registration or renewal of the computer certificate to fail with an “Access denied” error after installing the April 2018 update.
Update for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Ethical hacking experts mention that users working with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will receive the KB4343893 update package. The update includes fixes such as:
- Solution to a problem in Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) applications that can cause applications to flash.
- Solution to a problem that causes win32kfull. SYS to stop working.
- Solution to a problem that caused users to press Ctrl+ALT+DELETE twice to exit assigned access mode when automatic authentication was enabled.
- Solution to a problem that makes Microsoft Edge stop working
Ethical hacking specialists from the International Institute of Cyber Security mention the importance of keeping your computer running Windows 10 updated, so recommend that you install the corresponding patch as soon as possible, but if you want to delay the update, you can go to Settings and modify the active hours and restart and download options for the update.
Working as a cyber security solutions architect, Alisa focuses on bug bounty and network security. Before joining us she held a cyber security researcher positions within a variety of cyber security start-ups. She also experience in different industry domains like finance, healthcare and consumer products.