Experts in vulnerability testing have reported the release of a new version of unc0ver, the popular jailbreak for the Apple’s iOS operating system, which has better security and stability features than previous similar developments. In the report, experts say this jailbreak was redesigned from scratch, ensuring the elimination of errors present in previous versions of this tool.
The unc0ver jailbreak tool is suitable with iOS versions between 11.0 and 12.4, with the exception of 12.3 and 12.3.2, as mentioned in the developers’ GitHub profile.
According to vulnerability testing experts, one of the main features of this new version of unc0ver is that it includes static and non-dynamic patches; in other words, this is the most stable version of the jailbreak. In addition, this release fixes the application crash on startup when signing with provisioning profiles with non-ASCII characters.
- Internal preparation of jailbreak patches for full A12-A12X support
- The jailbreak is now significantly more reliable, plus now it runs faster
- Added SockPort 3.0 exploit to improve reliability on iOS 12.4 and low RAM devices
- Fixed SSH support for arm64e devices with iOS12.0-12.1.2
- Jailbreak now performs proper cleaning to preserve system stability in the event of a failure
- Fixed jbctl command-line utility
- Transition to a new technique to configure the system boot nonce generator that works on all arm64e devices running iOS12.0-12.4
- Fixed a bug in the initial installation of Cydia, which was sometimes interrupted
Vulnerability testing experts from the International Institute of Cyber Security (IICS) say it is increasingly difficult for Apple to anticipate the development of this kind of tools. A clear example is what happened with the iOS 13 beta testing; just a day after the start of the test, an expert hacker had already created a perfectly functional jailbreak for the new version of Apple’s operating system.
Below you will find the link to download the jailbreak unc0ver.